Sunday 22 September 2013

Art Movement Assignment: Final Work

So after different stages, here is my final work


I found this assignment really interesting as graffiti was familiar to me as i did part of my A-level art project using graffiti. It was not that difficult for me to do it. For my self portrait, I really take in consideration Banksy work that is simplicity. My work is not extraordinary but i tried my best to make it. I did not really research on graffiti before this assignment. I did not really know the meaning of graffiti. The only thing I knew was the artists.
For me graffiti was just an illegal way of art expression but I realise that it was totally different when I started researching about it. Graffiti got lot of meaning if you understand the meaning. I was also interested in the illegal thing in graffiti. It is against law but that does not mean I am against law. Graffiti is a technique that can be used in many types but i choose simplicity. Making the stencils was a fum part for me. With the stencils you can do whatever design you want.
Banksy was my main interest but I also research about other graffiti artists like DOLK from Norway, Blek le Rat from France and Seen from Usa.


No comments:

Post a Comment