Sunday 22 September 2013

Art Movement Assignment: Work process

From my tutorial review, Ms. Lisa have found only one of my idea interesting so i tried some techniques how to make the self portrait. After trying with paper i found that the spraying technique did not work so i tried using plastic sheet and i found it very interesting.

Materials used: Plastic sheet, black and white spray and stencils made of paper.

Stage 1:
I trace my portrait onto the paper to make a stencil. I used 2 stencils one for my self portrait and one for my background. Then I cut the stencils using a cutter.







Stage 2:
I used masking tape to stick the stencils with plastic sheet.




Stage 3:
Spraying part. I used black and white as it is the main colour that Banksy (Favourite Graffiti artist) use.
I sprayed a first layer black for the first then finish with white of the background.





The final step was to let the work dry.





No comments:

Post a Comment