Sunday 18 August 2013

CHOSEN ART MOVEMENT

For the first assignment, we were asked to research about the art movement that suit us. From the different types of art movements that exist I have chosen Graffiti. I found graffiti the most interesting because of the techniques it uses. The techniques are spray painting and marker pens. I feel at ease with these types of materials as for my A-Level art project i uses this techniques.
Graffiti artists are seen like criminals as they are against the law when doing their arts. For me it's just art and nothing else. Some graffiti express underlying social and political messages. The artist that inspired me the most to chose graffiti is Banksy. Banksy is  pseudonymous England-based graffiti artist. Here are some of his work:




His work really interested me because of the its simplicity. His most colours used are black, white and grey. His work is seen with a distinct stencilling techniques. For Banksy, efficiency is the key of the art.
This is one of his work that really inspired me even if it's not a portrait but just a sentence. It has lot of meaning.



No comments:

Post a Comment