Sunday 18 August 2013

1st Exercise (Presentation of 10 of your best-liked pictures)

For the first presentation we were asked to present the work that was given to us the previous week. The work was about our 10 best-liked pictures, 5 pictures taken by me and 5 from pro photographers. For the presentation we have to explain the reasons why we have chosen these picture, what we found interesting about it.


Five By Me


This picture was taken by me during an outing in Mauritius.  I have chosen this picture because of the landscape that shows Le Morne Mountain which is a in the world heritage list. This mountain preserved the history of how slave fight for their freedom.



This picture was taken at the Black river gorges National Park in Mauritius. I have shot and chosen this photo because of the beauty of nature in Mauritius but it is on the rare preserved nature here.



I have taken this picture and edited it during my free time. The contrast between the colours seems interesting to me.


I have taken this picture in the nature in Mauritius. I have chosen this one because of the light and the shadow of the photo. This emphasis on the posture of me.


This photo was taken in a natural park. I like this photo because of the background. I edited it with a kind of lomography effect that match perfectly the composition of the photo.

Five By Photographers


This photo was taken by Olivier Morin, a sport photographer from AFP a French press agency. I have chosen this picture because it can have lot of meaning like Usain Bolt is fast like a lightning bolt. The picture was so well taken, the weather and the stadium match perfectly.


This photo was taken by Milo Ponsford, an architecture photographer. The composition in this photo attracted me with the light, shadow and the perspective.


This was taken by Ansel Adams, a famous black and white landscape photographer. The sky match perfectly the landscape of the mountain as it really a complex one.



I have chosen this photo as it sophisticated and genuine. The black and white effect on the photo is great and shows the emotion of it. This photo was taken by Yousuf Karsh.


I have chosen this photo as we can see the emotion between the singer and the crowd. The environment match perfectly the scene. I have also chosen because this is one of my favourite band and the singer died last year.

MY HANDOUTS





Before the presentation i was feeling so stressed but it was ok. After the whole class presentation, Mr Vinod gave us a general feedback about the presentation. What to improve like speak articulation and how to present our work. He then presented some of his favourite photographers and their work. He also presented his liked pictures.
For me how i found my presentation is ok but need to improve in speaking. At the end of the class, he asked us to update our e-portfolio and after each class.

No comments:

Post a Comment